From Administration & Development to End Users, our team at Planet has shared their expertise through the publication of several books. Listed below are each of the titles that our team has had a part in creating.
Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Designing and Architecting Solutions
Determine the best design for your SharePoint implementation by gaining a deeper understanding of how the platform works. Written by a team of SharePoint experts, this practical guide introduces the Microsoft SharePoint 2013 architecture, and walks you through design considerations for planning and building a custom SharePoint solution. It’s ideal for IT professionals, whether or not you have experience with previous versions of SharePoint.
Discover how to:
- Dive deeper into SharePoint 2013 architecture components
- Gather requirements for a solution that fits your needs
- Upgrade from Microsoft SharePoint 2010 to 2013
- Design service applications for performance and redundancy
- Provide the right storage plan for a SharePoint farm
- Map authentication and authorization requirements to your solution
- Take steps necessary to design a secure implementation
- Plan your business continuity management strategy
- Validate your SharePoint architecture to ensure success
Beginning SharePoint 2013: Building Business Solutions
Learn to build business solutions with SharePoint 2013
Now in its third edition, this perennial bestseller features a complete overhaul for the latest version of SharePoint. A must-have for building business solutions in SharePoint, real-world scenarios address critical information management problems and detailed descriptions explain how to efficiently and successfully handle these challenges. Plus, best practices for configuration and customization round out the coverage of getting started with SharePoint 2013 so that you can confidently make this platform work for your business today.
Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Creating and Implementing Real World Projects
Build effective solutions for real-world business scenarios—using out-of-the-box tools in Microsoft SharePoint Server, SharePoint Foundation, and Office 365. Each chapter in this hands-on book focuses on a single business project, using a standard approach to guide you through the solution-building process from start to finish. Apply your skills as a SharePoint power user or site administrator—and get started now.
Tackle 10 common business problems with proven SharePoint solutions
- Set up a help desk solution to track service requests
- Build a modest project management system
- Design a scheduling system to manage resources
- Create a site to support geographically dispersed teams
- Implement a course registration system
- Build a learning center with training classes and resources
- Design a team blog platform to review content
- Create a process to coordinate RFP responses
- Set up a FAQ system to help users find answers quickly
- Implement a cost-effective contact management system
Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Business Solutions with SharePoint
Beginning SharePoint 2010: Building Team Solutions with SharePoint provides information workers and site managers with extensive knowledge and expert advice, empowering them to become SharePoint champions within their organizations.
- Provides expansive coverage of SharePoint topics, as well as specialty areas such as forms, excel services, records management, and web content management
- Details realistic usage scenarios, and includes practice examples that highlight best practices for configuration and customization
- Includes detailed descriptions and illustrations of SharePoint’s functionality
Designed to mentor and coach business and technical leaders on the use of SharePoint in addressing critical information management problems within their organizations, Beginning SharePoint 2010 is sure to become the premiere handbook for any active or aspiring SharePoint expert.
A team of SharePoint authorities addresses the six most essential areas of SharePoint 2010 SharePoint enables Web sites to host shared workspaces and is a leading solution for Enterprise Content Management. This book serves as one-stop shopping for concise coverage on six key areas that you need to know in order to get up and running with SharePoint 2010 quickly. After an introduction to the new features of SharePoint 2010, the author team of SharePoint experts walk you through branding and customization, workflow, business connectivity services, social networking and tools, the search function, and development basics so you can get started using SharePoint immediately. SharePoint 2010 offers numerous exciting new features, including advancements in user interface customization, development improvements, the benefits of Business Connectivity Services, and much more Covers the primary functions of SharePoint, as well as enhancements and new features of the latest version Reviews the SharePoint platform, branding and customization, workflow, business connectivity services, social networking, tools, development basics, and more SharePoint 2010 Six-in-One helps you conquer the six key areas of SharePoint 2010 so that you can successfully take advantage of the Microsoft SharePoint platform.