The Software Development Manager will drive the development efforts of an integrated enterprise web application to support the client’s internal business processes, and be responsible for supervising and reporting on all development activities related to the implementation throughout the SDLC phases. Specifically:
- Work closely with the project manager to review requirements, develop the application architecture, generate levels of effort for development tasks, and lead a team of 10-15 software developers.
- Be directly responsible for the work of the development team, documentation development (design docs, release plans) and for developing high quality, high performing and sustainable software.
- Support planning activities for QA and release deployment phases. They must be comfortable working with a matrixed team and engaging with the client for development related activities.
- Work with Team Leads and project manager to identify, escalate and mitigate project risks associated with the product development
- Assist with the establishment and enforcement of development standards
- Monitor development team activities to ensure requirements, design, development standards and best practices are being adhered to
- Lead efforts to develop required technical documentation according to the project deliverables list
- Analyze business requirements, in the context of software and integration design and produce accurate work estimates including dependencies and product roadmap
- Manage the schedule and activities for a geographically dispersed development team
- Keep relevant parties informed of progress and any risks or issues that have been identified, as well as ensuring that IT and software development policies are followed.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree.
- 5 years application development or software engineering experience, 2 years in technical leadership role.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework, ASP.NET, C#, Web Services, MS SQL, Team Foundation Server.
- A strong understanding of object oriented concepts and design and relational databases.
- Experience working on projects with Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience developing application architecture, LOE, design documentation
- Experience designing and developing multi-tier applications
- Experience with emerging technologies preferably in the .Net stack
- Ability to triage requirements, features and defects based on complexity and LOE
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with UX technologies/frameworks including development of Rich Internet Applications (RIA)
- Experience with developing applications that integrate with COTS such as document management, help-desk management, workflow management and calendar management
If you are interested in joining our team, please review full job descriptions linked above, and email us your questions and resume.