May 21-23, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Our Planet Technologies team will be a powerhouse at this years SharePoint Conference North America!
- Jennifer Mason, Director of Innovation and Strategic Project, SharePoint Server MVP, and published author
- Patrick Curran, Director for the Federal Group and a Senior SharePoint Architect, MCT, MCTS, MCP, MCITP, MCPD, MCSA, and published author
- Billie Schwetz, Director of the National Security Group, on our Federal team.
Join them for their sessions on the following topics:
Interactive Conversation on the Challenges of Building a Diverse Team
Billie Schwetz & Jennifer Mason
Starting from zero and growing a team is a challenge. Hiring for senior technical positions with requirements on skills and working locations is tough! Building a diverse, inclusive team of senior Architects, SharePoint Engineers, Developers, and all the support roles needed for a highly functioning team can feel impossible. Join an interactive discussion with a team of individuals that do this on a regular basis. We’ll be discussing key challenges with diversity in engineering and development roles and together we will discuss and build short and long term solutions to solving this problem!
Take Your SharePoint Disaster Recovery to the Cloud
In this session, we will walk through how to take your SharePoint Farm to the cloud using Azure Recovery Services, to provide a disaster recovery solution.
You will learn:
- How to take an existing SharePoint farm, and create a standby farm in Azure.
- How to setup the local environment to replicate to Azure.
- How to test your fail-over into Azure.
- How to fail-over to the farm in Azure, as a Disaster Recovery scenario.
In this session, you will learn how to enhance your User Profiles in SharePoint Online with data from other on-premises or cloud Line of Business (LOB) systems.
You will learn:
- Why you cannot just simply modify user Active Directory properties to work in SharePoint Online.
- How to take data from user properties stored in an Azure SQL Database and update SharePoint Online user profiles.
- How to take data from user properties stored in SQL Server 2016 in Azure and update SharePoint Online user profiles using PowerShell.
- How to take on-premises LOB user properties and update SharePoint Online user profile properties through PowerShell.
AMA: A Conversation on Diversity & Inclusion
Jennifer Mason & Panel
Know you want to help promote diversity and inclusion, but not sure were to get started? Curious what others have been doing? Join us for this “Ask Me Anything” panel to hear insights from others as they share ideas, lessons learned and answer audience questions.
Simple & Easy Collaboration
SharePoint is one of the best collaboration tools available and in this session, we are going to go back to the basic to review out of the box SharePoint sites for simple collaboration solutions. We will look at how to create engaging sites that drive usage and encourage team collaboration. This is a great session for those just getting started with SharePoint and want to push the limits of out-of-the-box configuration. We will cover lists, documents pages and more!
Office 365 changes the way your organization works by enabling individuals and teams to be more productive. We know that this change can have an impact on both you and your entire organization. It is important to understand the basics before you jump in. In this workshop the basics will be covered, along with common practices for collaboration within teams, business process automation and intranets.
We will dive into:
- Teams, Groups, Sites and Yammer – understanding how they are different and how they connect
- Using Teams to Stay Connected
- Collaborating on Documents
- Building Communication Sites
- Searching for Content & People
- Automating Solutions & Designing Forms with Forms, Power Apps and Flow
When you walk away from this workshop you will be confident that whatever requirements the business throws at you, you will be able to create a solution using the tools and best practices that you learned during this workshop.