Originally published to Techwire.
In our cloud-first world of expanding collaboration and productivity, governance has become the most important means to successful adoption of technology while maintaining security and compliance controls.
Planet Technologies offers a comprehensive governance engagement that covers the gamut of data, access, collaboration, identity, and compliance authority in Office 365. The segregation of governance controls has been rapidly evolving within the Microsoft stack, creating confusion about how to accommodate interoperability between applications. Every level of control and administration is covered with this engagement; with a high-level focus of technical stability, sustainability, business needs, and usability/adoption.
The Planet Technologies Office 365 Governance engagement is broken down into the following logical sections:
- Global Governance – Infrastructure, support model, auditing & monitoring, Microsoft search, user agreement, and adoption plan.
- Office 365 Groups Governance – Group naming policies, classification policies, guest access policies, Group creation restriction policies, expiration/retention policies, and dynamic Group memberships.
- SharePoint Online Governance – Logical architecture, site request & provisioning, naming conventions, look & feel, access & permissions management, data deletion/backups & retention, retention & deletion policies, auditing & monitoring, and application integration.
- OneDrive for Business Governance – Deployment & storage, access & permissions management, synchronization, device Access, data deletion/backups & retention, compliance, and notifications.
- Teams Governance – Persistent conversations, Teams hierarchy, availability of applications & services, and messaging policies.
- O365 Application Governance – Microsoft Planner, OneNote, Stream, Power Apps/Automate are all integral with Office 365 incorporated into your larger governance strategy.
Your organization will come away from this engagement with a formal Office 365 Governance Plan and clear documentation for supportable governance moving forward. Whether you have a mature implementation of Office 365, or are just getting started, now is the time to cultivate peace of mind and create a sustainable governance strategy!
For more information contact Jennifer Dodd at firstname.lastname@example.org.