Originally published to Techwire.
The Modern SharePoint Experience is everything the old SharePoint wasn’t – beautiful, easy to use and design, dynamic, mobile friendly, and fully integrated with the rest of Office 365.
Whether you need to Modernize your classic SharePoint environment or are just getting started with Office 365, there has never been a better time to embrace The Modern SharePoint Experience!
Top 10 Reasons for Considering the SharePoint Modern Experience
- All of Microsoft’s investment and development is now in the SharePoint Modern Experience therefore there will no longer be any updates pushed out to classic SharePoint
- Group-connected productivity applications such as Microsoft Teams, Planner, Stream, Power Automate, and Power Apps help your users collaborate across platforms with consistent permissions and fully integrated SharePoint functionality
- The modern user interface experience is fully responsive, and there is potential to expand the UI with custom development using the SharePoint Framework
- Modern site architecture is flexible. Hubs organize sites, use cross-site hub navigation, share content, and look and feel across associated sites, and allow for easily moving sites between hubs with a simple site setting
- Modern site designs include templates for both collaboration and communication, and custom site designs can be created to templatize other sites you may need
- Modern page layouts are flexible, allowing you to add, remove, and change layouts sections with the click of a button
- Modern web parts can also be added, removed, and moved with ease, and most web parts offer several configurations, so you can display content to meet your needs across various contexts
- Modern lists and libraries handle more and larger items, offer quicker editing, a more useful command bar, the ability to easily create & customize views, and custom column formatting (e.g., color coding, adding icons, & progress bars)
- Modern search experience is robust out-of-the-box, with extensive customization available, showing personalized results for each user based on their SharePoint activity
- Expansive built-in modern integration with Microsoft applications and connectors to third-party services
SharePoint Modernization is one of many “You Already Own It” engagements offered by Planet Technologies; Office 365 Governance and Security, OneDrive for Business Planning and Migration, Modern Workplace Roadmap, Azure Infrastructure Readiness and much more. These offerings are designed to empower your organization with the latest technologies for a sustainable and cost-effective cloud strategy.
For more information contact Jennifer Dodd at firstname.lastname@example.org.